Food & Heartbreak: Graphic Novel





Currently, the most exciting thing that I am learning about myself and other people during this course is I am learning so much more about myself. As a result of having a structure, I was able to develop my ideas more effectively. Through this graphic novel assignment, I have gained a deeper understanding of how food can impact an individual's identity. This insight has led me to appreciate food in a whole new light. I now understand the significance of the different cultures and the stories behind the food. It has given me a better understanding of myself and the people around me. I am now more aware of how food can bring people together and celebrate diversity. I have learned to appreciate the flavors and aromas of different cuisines and recognize the importance of food in my own life. This newfound appreciation of food has led me to explore different recipes and experiment with new ingredients. I have also become more mindful of where my food comes from and how it is produced. I am grateful for these experiences, which have enriched my life in so many ways. I now understand the importance of food in creating connections and bringing people together. I am committed to celebrating food and its many cultural backgrounds. I will continue to explore and respect the diversity of flavors and aromas that exist in different cuisines. This has also shown me the essential role of food in preserving traditions and cultures. I have become an advocate for local, sustainable, and ethical food production and consumption. I strive to be a conscious consumer and make informed decisions.

 

Comments

  1. I enjoyed that you took your time with this blog. The drawings are amazing and food does have the power to give you a heartbreak. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you interpreted your version of a graphic novel. Your comic strip is reall cool to see and the message and purpose is also there. Understanding how ethnic food is always questioned by other groups was a really great message to publicize. Your reflection was really good as well explaining your personal experience with this project and with food and identity. Good job!- Jaleel Cardoso

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how instead of fitting small panels into one page, you took the time to flesh out each panel with their own page. It allows you to fill in more details and story that your wouldn't be able to get if you only used one page. The story of how one person can ruin an entire business is also very interesting since I haven't seen any do it yet. Definitely one of the more unique graphic novels! - Abdullahi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment